Release schedule plans

Gervase Markham gerv at
Tue Jan 11 21:06:13 UTC 2005

Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> I agree with mkanat, we should release 2.18 soon with the 3 remaining
> blockers fixed (if they really need to be fixed for 2.18.0, or can
> they be for the 2.18.1 release only?). Administrators who have
> already upgraded to 2.18rc3 may be confused to see 2.18 final (or
> even 2.18rc4) with so much differences compared to 2.18rc3 if we
> merge it with 2.19.1+. 2.18 is much better than 2.16; let's go and
> release it.

I'd be happy with either this scheme or the abandon-2.18 scheme - b) or 
c). I just want to avoid a).

> Opening the trunk again and checking in all these waiting patches
> sounds good to me. We could also decide to release 2.20 only when
> Bugzilla is fully templatized. 

I don't think we should start setting feature goals - but I do agree it 
would be a good opportunity to get this finished.


More information about the developers mailing list