Minutes of our last Bugzilla meeting
lpsolit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:00:24 UTC 2007
Here are the latest news from Bugzilla. :)
* 7 blockers (among which 3 security bugs) to fix before the releases of
Bugzilla 3.0.1 and 3.1.1. No idea how long it will take, including QA.
* We will have to release 2.20.5 and 2.22.3 as well, due to security bugs.
* justdave and ghendricks will be at OSCON (July 23-27, 2007 in
Portland, Oregon). They will be at Mozilla's booth on Thurday 26, from
3:30pm to 5:30pm. The topic is "Using Bugzilla software in open source
and enterprise". justdave will blog after the conference about it.
* Bugzilla 3.0 has been downloaded 86,060 times since its release on May
* In a future release, we plan to use [% terms.foo %] in templates at
least for classifications, products and components, to be able to rename
them more easily. Not sure we will do it for other fields, though.
* Since we released Bugzilla 3.0, many people are complaining about the
new UI in show_bug.cgi, especially about fieldsets. Maybe should we
propose a competition to redesign Bugzilla? Not everybody agrees. It
seems that the UI will be changed again to be closer to what mconnor
(who proposed the current UI used at b.m.o) and dolske suggested in
their mockups. For the record, we had a previous discussion about how
the new UI should look like.
* At least one component will be added to the Bugzilla product on b.m.o,
which will include bugs related to incoming emails, such as email_in.pl.
* Today was our 30th meeting, but nothing to eat nor to drink. Firefox
says drink:// and food:// are invalid protocols. :)
* Our next meeting will take place on August 7, same time, same place.
More information about the developers