Please Help : Developers' Guide Update
jth at mikrobitti.fi
Wed Dec 17 07:08:24 UTC 2003
At 14:49 17.12.2003 +1030, you wrote:
>I need some more details with this. What is the proper way of doing OS
if ($^O ~= /MSWin/)
> What is the proper way of distinguishing ActiveState and
if ($^O ~= /cygwin/)
"MSWin" is returned by Activestate, Cygwin returns "cygwin". So far we
haven't had the need to check for cygwin anywhere; all the Win32 checks
have been made for Activestate.
Also see bug 224588; I'm going to unify this stuff someday.
> - Template naming (see discussion a few weeks ago on reviewers@). The
> > current text on this is fairly close to the consensus reached, though.
>I caught up by using my eyes a bit and the delete key a lot. Could
>someone please tell me, what, if anything needs to be changed here.
Myk summarized it by the following:
- multiple related templates grouped together in a subdirectory;
- template names non-redundant with the subdirectory name;
- multiple words separated by dashes;
- names indicating action in verb-noun form;
- consistent with other template names or inconsistent for good reason.
... which was fairly well accepted. You can check out the list archive if
you need more details.
More information about the developers