Gervase Markham gerv at
Fri Oct 25 18:08:53 UTC 2002

David Miller wrote:
> How about if we require check-in approval now.  

I think that this is a good idea, if you approve bugs, rather than 
patches - i.e. you say, at any point in the development, "Yes, this bug 
needs to be fixed in the way you are outlining", and then we can just 
get on with it.

If it has to wait for review to happen, then it'll be an unnecessary 

> I also like the idea of posting the idea here to get feedback from people
> before it gets checked in.

Me too :-)

> If there aren't major objections to the above, I'll file a bug on b.m.o in
> the next day or two to get a "has-approval" flag added for the Bugzilla
> product, and we'll proceed that way.

We'll need to wait until we have bug flags, after Nov. 8th, if you take 
my suggestion above.


More information about the developers mailing list