Freezing and Branching for 4.2

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at
Sun May 22 22:16:22 UTC 2011

	Hi developers! So, our plans for freezing have been a little put off
and muddied by various changes happening around, but LpSolit and I had a
brief discussion today on IRC and decided that it would be best for our
stability and ability to actually release if we immediately froze for 4.2.

	I have retargeted all non-blocking 4.2 bugs to 5.0 if they had an
assignee, or untargeted them if they had no assignee.

	As soon as we have something that should land for 5.0 instead of 4.2,
we will create a 4.2 branch.

	Currently, I am not planning to create a 4.2 branch in CVS; I want this
to be the time when we start permanently migrating away from CVS, even
in the backwards-compatibility sense.

	Also, by the way, I am calling trunk "5.0" at the moment, but it may
end up actually being 4.4. The deciding factor is whether or not the
Pretty implementation is done in time. If it is complete by the time we
freeze, then trunk will be 5.0. If it is not complete by that time, then
trunk will become 4.4.

Max Kanat-Alexander
Chief Architect, Community Lead, and Release Manager
Bugzilla Project

More information about the developers mailing list