Minutes of the 3rd Bugzilla meeting
LpSolit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 15:14:09 UTC 2006
We met last Tuesday, Feb 28, for our 3rd Bugzilla meeting on IRC:
- One week after the 2.16.11, 2.18.5, 2.20.1 and 2.22rc1 releases, only
one regression has been reported, affecting 2.20.1 and 2.22rc1: "unable
to log in the very first time on a new installation when using the login
form on the homepage". This bug, which was due to a regression from one
of our security bugs, has been fixed. This makes us think that we don't
need a second release candidate for 2.22, and so we expect to release
2.22 final in two weeks (around March 15, 2006).
- Due to the lack of download stats, we don't know if nobody reported
another regressions because there are none or because very few people
downloaded our latest releases. Let's hope that's because there are none. :)
- 2.16.11 was probably our last release on the 2.16 branch, as we will
stop support for this branch together with the release of 2.22 in two weeks.
- mkanat is working on killing both data/versioncache and globals.pl,
out first two tasks of our roadmap. Some work has been done already, but
he is now blocked by the way Auth.pm works. He is working on it. Maybe
you noticed that globals.pl is already 300 lines shorter? :) He thinks
versioncache should be completely dead during the second half of April.
- No progress has been done about removing deprecated DB routines though.
- The actual home page (index.cgi) seems to be pretty useless for
everyone, especially for advanced users, i.e. it contains no useful
information. gandalf will work on it.
- We keep crashing when creating a product/component which existed in
the past and which has been deleted meanwhile, because Series.pm tries
to insert duplicated entries into the DB. We suggested to offer an
option to either remove series data from the DB when the
product/component is removed, or store it in another table, for instance
as a CSV file. This way, you can decide whether you want to keep product
history or not. karl will work on it.
- We will meet again on Tuesday, March 14, 2006, at 19:00 GMT (11:00 PST).
More information about the developers