Minutes of our last Bugzilla meeting (August 8, 2006)
lpsolit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:00:11 UTC 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We had a Bugzilla meeting on August 8, 2006:
* We plan to fix 6 security bugs in our next set of releases. 4 of them
have patches awaiting review (/me pokes justdave, myk and mkanat), and
the last 2 still need someone to work on them.
* Due to these security bugs and QA tests, we won't be ready to release
before the end of the month.
* justdave and jhulten will try to contact a guy from MySQL to know what
is best between MyISAM and InnoDB for our DB schema. This follows a long
and interesting discussion we had during the meeting, where many
questions and worries appeared. Till all our questions are answered, we
are going to postpone the decision to move to InnoDB.
* Oracle informed us that they were still interested in having Bugzilla
3.0 working with an Oracle DB. They plan to assign two Oracle developers
* Supporting Oracle means we need an Oracle installation on landfill
(for reviews and testing patches). But we need some Oracle patches to
install it on RHEL 4, and these patches are not free. justdave will have
a look if it's possible to get them anyway.
* No negative feedback about new module owners so far. Our new policy is
available at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Owners
* No new task from the roadmap http://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Roadmap
has been done for several weeks now, mainly because we are waiting for
reviews. Flag code rewrite, mod_perl support and custom fields should be
complete on time though, i.e. before we freeze for 3.0. About other
tasks, we don't know yet, but don't be too optimistic.
* A non-critical question is: which version number should we use for our
next development snapshot: 2.23.3, 2.99.1 or something else? The reason
for this question is that we are now officially going to release
Bugzilla 3.0 (instead of Bugzilla 2.24). We don't agree about what this
version number should be, but that's a minor issue which we will fix
* We plan to release Bugzilla 3.0rc1 around Christmas. We suspect we
will need a second RC in Q1 2007 with Bugzilla 3.0 final a few weeks
* Our next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 22, at 18:00 GMT
(11:00 PDT, 20:00 CEST).
PS: All minutes are also available on the web:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v220.127.116.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the developers