Custom fields administrative interface...
etzwane at schwag.org
Tue Jun 10 08:07:38 UTC 2003
...is attached. Untar it in Bugzilla's root directory to try it out.
Source this from a mysql prompt to set up the custom fields schema.
Source this from a mysql prompt to populate the database with some
sample custom field data. All the sample fields belong to product 1,
whichever one that is.
The main program.
Whew! That took considerably longer than I'd been expecting. The code
probably has a few rough edges remaining, but I'm still pretty happy
with it. Hopefully much of it can be leveraged into other BZ programs.
I don't know of any outstanding bugs. All comments are welcome.
* The code does not currently disallow non-administrator access because,
well, I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Best not to try it on a live
* No stock Bugzilla tables are written to. Only two, "bugs" and
"products", are read from.
* Presently, there is no way to create a new field group from scratch.
* I did not implement editing of selection fields, because the mechanism I
originally proposed came to seem rather unwieldy to me. Alternative
suggestions are welcome.
* The code does not yet support multiple locales. If we all ultimately
agree that custom field display names belong in the database, as I aver,
then all that is needed is a few extra joins to a new table--cf_text,
perhaps. Otherwise, more work is needed...
Sean McAfee -- etzwane at diggity.schwag.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 18746 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the developers